CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

PROPOSITION 8!! PLEASE READ!!

Ok, so I have been hearing tons of things going on with this proposition 8 that will be ready to vote on in November some time. What exactly is it? Well, the reason I know about it is because my mom has been put in charge of informing the community on what it really is about; and she was delegated this position by her very own bishop from her ward. Now, that right there must tell you something pretty serious; that if the church is getting involved (which normally they don't get THIS involved) then this is pretty critical to take time and really become knowledgable in what is going on right there in front of you. Thus, I hope that this won't contain too much reading for you but PLEASE take a few minutes and really read and understand what Proposition 8 does for the family unit. Proposition 8, if passed, will clearly define the moral issue of marriage; meaning between man and wife. If voted AGAINST it, gays and lesbians then have a right to what a normal marriage constitutes. I normally am a very open minded person; but in this instance I feel even my way of life is being threatened and that I'm now being judged for what I believe in as far as my own marital status. I am sorry, I really do hope you read the rest and truly understand what is about to it. Those of you who live outside of California such as I, please know that this doesn't only effect California. Everyone is watching because whatever they decide to pass, normally becomes a wripple effect to the rest of us. PLEASE READ ON!!! See who emailed this as a mass email so people can become informed... If you want to know what you can do to help email him at the email listed below. Thanks for listening to my rant. I'll get off my soap box now....Good luck California and God Bless America!!


Craig S. Hungrige
Senior Criminal Investigator
Sutter County District Attorney's Office
446 Second Street Yuba City , CA. 95991
Desk: (530) 822-7293
Criminal Division: (530) 822-7330
chungrige@co.sutter.ca.us

Dear friends and family,
My friend had Sacrament this past Sunday focus on Amendment 8 in California . (the gay marriage issue)
Their stake president asked the members of their stake to come up with $38,000 to support this amendment and this is non-tithing, non-contribution money. They are also to donate 4 weekends per family to call, and go door-to door in their community passing out info and collecting signatures and educating their neighbors about this amendment.
This is an excerpt from her letter about their Sacrament meeting:
'One of the Sacrament speakers is an LDS judge in the area and his statistics were mind blowing.
For example, in Boston , MA (where gay marriages are now legal,) the Catholic Charities have closed their doors because the state has required them to allow adoptions to same sex couples, and they refused. They are a large and worthwhile charity with great power in the state and they were overruled. A Methodist church has lost their tax exempt status because the minister refused to perform a marriage of a same sex couple (they were not of his congregation). A physician who refused to do fertility treatments on a same sex couple because of religious reasons was sued, lost and the state is requiring him to treat everyone as equals.
Our schools will be required to teach, starting in kindergarten, that marriages make up many different combinations. The consequences are horrible.
Directly tied into ALL of this is our right to continue to go to the Temple . If Gay Marriage is supported by the government, then those who are same-sex married, who are 'LDS' and legally recognized as married by the government, can sue to be married in the temple. It is my opinion that the church will not bend on this issue, and our rights to go to the temple will be in jeopardy.
AND goodbye to those religious tax-deductions. Tithing, fast offerings, etc. We will lose our tax-exemption status if the government legally forces the church to support same-sex marriage.'
These effects are far-reaching! I hope no one is upset by this email, I would not want to offend anyone, but I believe this issue is not a political issue at all, but a moral issue that, affects all of society. The Proclamation on the family clearly gives a warning voice on this matter. I pray that this issue on the ballots will overturn the gay marriages occurring right now in that state, and help prevent other states from adopting this stance. I believe that it is important to support and defend traditional marriage, home and family.
Another friend says that her relatives in Sweden are even watching what goes on in California . The whole world is watching to see what happens.

2 comments:

I Choose Happiness said...

Wow, that is so crazy. Reading things like that make me so grateful that I live in such a conservative area. I will definitely share that information with others. Thanks!

lish and toby said...

I got this email also and think I should post it on my blog too. This is important!