CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Dentist Visit!!

Yesturday was the Lilly's first dentist visit. She was somewhat excited... (Emma kept telling her it was going to be a TON of fun, I just love that girl!! She's such my big helper!!) The outcome was fair. Understandably, she's 2. But I figured I'd get her going a little earlier than I had with Em. Thus we made it a double duty day... Emma of course (this being her second time; she did fabulous the last time considering she was familar with the last dentist, it being one I worked for), so she was very familar with the settings. Lilly on the other hand was not ok with laying back in the chair. This was as far as she was willing to go. Not too bad, however she didn't like the "electric toothbrush" they use (she likes her Hello Kitty one more and likes it when mommy does it rather than some stranger doing it...). So, the assistant had to brush her teeth with a regular toothbrush. She did great with that part. Then, when the dentist came in, she didn't want anything to do with him, thus mommy had to lay her down and somewhat hold her while the he checked her teeth. NO CAVITIES, YAY!!! Same with Em's. (Whew...). So, suffice it to say, it was a fair visit for poor little "lu-lu" but a fabulous 2nd timer for Em's. To top it all off, I was in sucha hurry to get to the appt. that I forgot my camera, so I had to resort to the good old camera phone. Not too shabby I guess..
(Here is Lilly awaiting the "DREADED" cleaning...)
(She didn't want to lay down, so this is how we had to do it... Unfortunately no pictures of her screaming and not wanting to get NEAR the dentist as I am holding her down long enough for him to have her open; which she eventually willingly did on her own. )(Emma did great, this was a pre-pix before he really got started on her). Needless to say, WE MISS YOU DR. FRANCIS!!!!

6 comments:

I Choose Happiness said...

Dental visits are fun in our family, but that's because their Aunt is the hygienist and their Grandpa is the dentist. It makes it SOOO much easier. Even then, I have to "prep" the kids before we go so they will be good. It looks like Lilly did really good - especially for her first visit.

The Neff Family said...

Hey girl! How are you? I want to see you pregnant!
My address is 305 S. Quay St.
Kennewick, WA 99336

I am sooooo excited!!

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Hi Beej! Good to hear from you too! I really am not as busy as it sounds, I don't think at least, just a slacker at updating the blog! Glad to hear all is well and exciting to hear you've got another little cutie on the way! We'll have to get all the kids together sometime.

Brigette-boo said...

ohh, dentist visits are one of those things you just go hope and then pray they go well, because once its a bad experience...well you know... good job with the pictures!

The Fallan Family said...

What Brave Little Girls! Dentists Are Not My Favorite.

Anonymous said...

Jillian had her first dentist visit last month and things went great too. I'm just shocked that little Lillie did so good for being so young. I took Jillian at 3 and she freaked out. We tried again at 4 and things went smoothly.