CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow man making days!!


I had to laugh at Lilly as I put her snow suit on. She reminded me almost of the little boy in 'A Christmas Story'.

We have a new (temporary) addition to the family. We woke up this morning and to our surprise there was more snow. This time it stuck and stayed for a few days. The girls are warming up to it and as soon as daddy got home they were outside building a snowman (there was no way I was going to get 2 large snowballs on top of one another. I'm a wimp, I know). The girls had a good time searching for black "coal" rocks and a couple of whipple sticks from a bush nearby. Luckily I had decided to get baby carrots that day at the store thus creating his beautiful features as shown. With a scarf and a hat, our snowman came alive. (Not really; but the girls liked to think so). They took immediately to role playing with him and then decided it was too cold thus retreating for the house. They wanted him to come but alas, we explained that if he came in he'd melt away and they wouldn't get to see him the next day. They were happy just looking out the window at him. We'll see if this snow stays.... (I thought we escaped the snow when we moved down here; I was told it only happens like once every 5 years... great, we made it for the 5 year mark I guess.) Oh well, we are enjoying it while it lasts. It makes it feel more like Christmas for us thus we're enjoying the season!!

3 comments:

Anne House said...

Wow--it snowed there ... I thought you went south to escape it. We enjoyed your Christmas card ... I sent it on to Melissa with her Christmas box. Tell your lovely mother hello from Anne!

The Neff Family said...

I am so amazed you got that much snow! The snow hasn't packed hard enough here to make a snow man. Maybe tomorrow.
I am loving the snow here. I walk the kids to the bus stop and have snow ball fights with them. Yeah, i know i'm a nerd, but the kids love it. Mikkel will be in St. G. on the 26th!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your snow! We never get snow and even just a little would make my kids so happy. I love your snowman! Did you give him a name?