CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Alice Jane Dial

It all began Monday morning at 5:30 am when we received "THE CALL" to come in and prep for our inducement. We arrived at 6:30 am and were taken to the delivery room. The short version plain and simply:
1. Everything was wonderful; EXCEPT my epidural (the aneth. guy, come to find out later, was the worse there... WHY ME!?!?!). He came in, gave me the first shot, couldn't get the needle in right so had to start with a new one all while I'm hunched over and IN PAIN with the first shot; TOOK FOREVER!! Even then, was numb but not as numb as I should have because when my Dr. came in to break my water he was only able to skimb it; enough so that when he felt that he couldn't get any further without hurting me anymore thus relaxing and thus my water breaking on it's own right then (which was something I def. felt and my nurse noticed it). They had the aneth. come back in and they decided to try another shot in a different spot. Well, THAT didn't feel good either and took just as long for the clumsy OAF to stick me again but this time he gave me such a LARGE block that I felt it almost immediately and was SUPER numb. However, it was such a large block that I went immed. pale, started throwing up over and over again and my heart rate began decreasing very rapidly to the 50's. I passed out but could hear people rushing all around me and eventually color and heart rate was back to normal (SO SCARY). After that, we were in heaven.
2. 5:47 pm we welcomed our brand new little 7 pds 4 oz & 20 1/2 inch little girl Alice Jane to the world. She came out with eyes wide open (LITERALLY). She cried just for a moment but overall was very patient with the nurses cleaning her up. She was perfect from head to toe and we have absolutely loved having her. (Just a side note; a few days later I was talking to a mom from Emma's preschool who was a CNA at the hospital for the Labor and Delivery station and she knew the aneth. who had given me my shot. She told me he was the worse one there and that she had had a similar experience as far as the shot numbing her from the waste up instead and then her heart rate crashing as well... SO SCARY!!)
The name is another funny story. We had decided we liked Alice long before and felt that once we saw her we'd know if it would fit her or not (it does btw.. perfectly with just her mellow temperment alone...) As far as the middle name goes... we were wanting to use Raeanna (my grandma's middle name and great grandma's first name combined) but then we found out that she was born on Nate's grandma's birthday... thus feeling it even more appropriate to use his grandma's name as the middle name... Alice Jane Dial.

Proud mommy...
Proud Nana...
Thanks for all your comments and prayers. It was funny because we got in the car to come home and Im looking at all 3 kids in their seats and I felt almost complete.. (it's wierd how much more I feel like a family with 3 rather than the 2 we've had so far... so complete). Love my girls...

BTW: these were all the pix we got on our camera; my mom has more I'll be getting from hers later so I'll have to post more when I get them... sorry it's taken so long.

19 comments:

Stubbs Love said...

Yay! CONGRATS!! So proud of you! Your mommy to another beautiful Spirit! When I saw her name I immediately thought, you can call her AJ for short...SO CUTE! I hope that adjustment is well...love you and glad you are ok..some people shouldnt be able to handle such important drugs!

I Choose Happiness said...

Congratulations BJ! I'm sorry about the epidural, but it seems everything worked out well. She's a beautiful little girl.

Rachael said...

This is exactly why I don't get epidurals...and people think I am the crazy one!!! JK! Glad that you are home and doing well!
AJ would be an adorable nickname...just like her mama!

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Congrats!!!

Kids in the Kong said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you.

The Neff Family said...

Beej,
Congrats! I am so excited for you! Way to go...3 adorable girls! I want to see more pics! I love the one of you and Alice....so precious!
How are you feeling with 3. I thought I would loose my mind, but It is the BEST!
I love you tons. Give alice kisses until I can see her.

Lisa said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures of her. I'm glad everything went well, minus the epidural. You have a darling family.

Anonymous said...

Alice is just gorgeous! I love her name and can't wait to see her in a few weeks! Love you!

Gretchen said...

Yay! :) Im glad everything went well (xcpet the lame anest.) but she looks so snugglie and i LOVE LOVE LOVE Jane for the middle name. Can't wait to meet her!!!!

The Fallan Family said...

Congrats!

beanpole4 said...

congrats beej

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that little Alice! She is gorgeous! Congratulations!!! Oh, and thanks for permenantly terrifying me from epidurals...agh!!!

Brigette-boo said...

I am so happy for you. I agree it feels really strange going from two to three, you defiantly feel like more of a family. I LOVE the name. it is SO sweet. That is super scary about you epidural, makes me think twice about do it next time...scary!

erin said...

Congrats BJ! What a beautiful girl! I had problems with my epidural too--no fun! How is the sleep coming?

lish and toby said...

Yum yum YUMMY!!!!! So beautiful! OOOh I love babies. Happy to hear you are well and being taken care of..now! Enjoy this precious lovey dovey time. Welcome to the world miss Alice Jane!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, the baby, the name, the mom, the grandma, the sister.

I love what you said about feeling complete. I had that same feeling.

Sorry about the OAF!

tressie17 said...

BJ and family,
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! She is adorable!!

Smith Family said...

Congrats BJ!! She is so darn cute. I actually had my baby the day after you did (I was scheduled for induction monday and tuesday, but chose tuesday) Your girls are so cute!!

Nicole said...

Yeah congrats! She is so adorable. Love the pics. We had our baby on the 20th I bet they knew each other???? What do you think?